Cleaning and disinfecting in the food industry is a crucial part of the production cycle; these activities can have devastating consequences if not done properly. Both form the basis of being able to deliver and guarantee a safe finish product. However, it is not an easy task.
It is worth noting that cleaning and disinfecting are two separate things. Effective cleaning is the complete removal of soils and residues from surfaces, leaving them visually clean so that the second stage, disinfection, can be effective. Surfaces will be free from soil, but microorganisms remain. Using validated disinfectants on surfaces, following the instructions and contact times, reduces microorganisms to acceptable levels for food production, so they do not pose a threat to health.
– transport containers and vehicles
– conveying equipment, filters
– cooling systems, air washing devices, humidifiers and ventilation shafts
– Treatment of service and well water
– floors, walls, ceilings and drains
– stacking containers
– mixing devices
– raw material supplement
– filling plants
– CIP & cop
– equipment, machines, tools
– working clothes