Hygiene Management in beverage industry
Hygiene is comprised of 2 basic steps.
Cleaning: Removal of residual product, dirt and grim build up
Sanitation: Disinfecting and elimination of microbial contamination
In beverage industry , Hygiene Management is comprised of 2 additional components.
CIP: Cleaning in Place (fixed equipment that cannot be accessed easily).
COP: Cleaning out of Place (movable equipment, floors and other accessible surfaces).
Both CIP and COP require a process of cleaning and disinfecting
– transport containers and vehicles
– conveying equipment, filters
– cooling systems, air washing devices, humidifiers and ventilation shafts
– Treatment of service and well water
– floors, walls, ceilings and drains
– stacking containers
– mixing devices
– raw material supplement
– filling plants
– CIP & cop
– equipment, machines, tools
– working clothes